Having bright, sunny windows is a good asset to have in your home as it sets the mood of any room. In fact, for some, it could be the entire reason why they bought their home in the first place. However, the mood isn’t the only advantage sunny windows can bring you; window installation pros say there’s actually a plethora of ways you can take advantage of a sunny window.
Here are the seven different ways you can take advantage of your home’s sunny windows.
1. Place Your Succulents Near the Sunny Window – If you own a few succulents to brighten up your home, you can take advantage of your sunny window by hanging them in front of it. This can help your plants thrive.
2. Create a Nook for Your Pets – Do you have any pets that like to relax under the sun? If so, then another way you can make the most out of your sunny window is by creating a sleeping nook for them by the aforementioned window. Simply grab an inexpensive wicker basket, some plywood and plush bedding before placing it by the window and your furry pal should have a sunny spot of their own to lounge and relax in.
3. Make a Breakfast Area – With a sunny window at your disposal, your breakfasts no longer need to be confined to the kitchen. Just place a simple table and chair by the window and you can have breakfast under the sun even from the comfort of your own home, allowing you to change your morning routine for the better.
4. Turn It Into Your Work Space – Alternatively, if your sunny window is made possible by a bay window, you can consider turning it into your work space. That way, you won’t have to be confined to your home office and you can put a sunny twist to your usual work from home routine.
5. Make a Small, Indoor Garden – On the other hand, if you have a green thumb, you can also create a small indoor garden via your sunny windows. To accomplish this, you can fill up a few jars with some soil, plant a few herb seeds, and place them by the window. Within a few weeks, you should have a small indoor herb garden in your home.
6. Create a Bookshelf and Reading Nook – Meanwhile, if you’re the kind of homeowner who enjoys reading a good book every now and then and your sunny window is a bay and bow window, you can turn it into your reading nook. If that’s not to your liking, however, then you can also turn your sunny window into a bookshelf.
Want to install new windows in your home? Don’t hesitate to turn to Renewal by Andersen® of Phoenix for assistance. When it comes to window and door installation services, we are the leading service providers to approach and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (602) 772-5059 or fill out our contact form to get a price. We serve homeowners in Phoenix, Tempe and other nearby areas in AZ.